Saturday, March 24, 2007

Liberty from the fear of death

Who is the man who does not fear to die? I will tell you - the man who is a believer. Fear to die? Thank God, I do not. The cholera may come again. I pray to God it will not, but if it does, it matters not to me. I will toil and visit the sick by night and by day until I drop If it takes me, sudden death is sudden glory.

And so it is with the weakest saint. The prospect of dissolution does not make you tremble. Sometimes you fear, but more often you rejoice. You sit down and calmly think of dying. What is death? It is a low porch through which you stoop to enter heaven. What is life? It is a narrow screen that separates us from glory, and death kindly removes it!
C. H. Spurgeon

(H.T. Sunshine)

1 Comments:

At 2:04 am, Blogger vandorsten said...

Nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home